Monday, September 21, 2009

An interesting network configuration

The story started when my router is acting up. And my new modem is actually a router(with one port), and comes with its own dhcp server. ..

Either way, i am just lazy, so i just keep the dhcp server running on it.
Bad idea......
turn out that my wrt54gl aka my router, use the same ip, which is normal, because a lot of them use 192.168.1.1 as the ip anyway. even though it is on the internet port, it still cause problem. I thought the internet port and the lan port is separate

the hack is, just just each of the a different subnet for router......
so if the modem is 192.168.1.x. then change the router to 192.168.n.x. just give it a different subnet.

And interestingly, i can access telnet to my router, from lan connection.....

No comments:

Post a Comment