Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Job Hunt aka I'm Lost Edition

So I'm searching for a job, trying to find a job as a programmer. Preferably python, java(very rusty), probably php(not too fond of doing it, i can live with it) too

One interesting notes here is, there is quite a number of .net or vb job on job board that I found, with some java and php. Was hoping to find job on python. No luck there. Probably I should comes out with a statistic of this.

Comes a realization, I begin to wonder, should I just master a language because of a job, or I just master it for fun? Or rather, should I master a fun language, or master a language with more job opening?

In reality I'm pretty lost. And indirect pressure from family really sucks......

BTW, I'm ready to be hired. I know python, and django. I can do some java too, albeit very very rusty...

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous4:41 AM

    knowing a language well does not necessary land u a good job. but trying to learn all will make u look like one without direction. expert is not always wanted, but when the time comes, u can charge an arm and a leg ;-)

    ReplyDelete