Sunday, December 11, 2011

Let dig out a Localtunnel!!!

So as I creating a very early version of the webapp, I want to get opinion from friends. A few thing happen, I'm not quite ready to commit to a full blown installation. And I am too lazy to setup a ssh tunnel, and I didn't attempt it before.

Of course, there is option number 3. Localtunnel, basically localtunnel is a ruby script that make tunneling very easy, without you having a ssh box remotely. They provide a linux box remotely, which have no shell and only authorized_keys file in home. So you don't need a dedicated ssh box somewhere.

On linux, make sure you have ruby install, and rubygems installed. On ubuntu, on fedora just replace with yum. The rest of the instruction is on the link below.
sudo apt-get install ruby1.8 rubygems

http://progrium.com/localtunnel/

No comments:

Post a Comment